Hi my crafty friends! Just checking in to share my little hack of the Ikea Linnmon table. I was in need of a countertop height table for my craft room but was having a hard time finding one that was on wheels and under a hundred dollars. So I came up with the idea of using two Linnmon table tops and attaching them together with 5-inch 2-by-2’s. I’m really digging the outcome. I swear it is the best height for crafting and the wheels makes it really easy to move around.
2 Ikea Linnmon Table tops
10- 5 inch 2×2 or any desired wood/metal
4 Krille Legs with caster
1. I started by having my 2×2 cut down to 5-inches at my local hardware store. Then I painted them white.
2. Next I determined the placement of 2x2s on the Linnmon table. I spaced mines out a little over 2-inches apart using a spacer I made out of cardboard.
3. Then I secured the 2×2’s to one of the tabletops using Liquid Nail. I roughed up the spots where the wood would be placed to help the liquid nail secure better. I let this dry/cure for 48 hours then I secured the second tabletop.
4. Lastly, I added the Krille legs following the factory directions.
1) I love IKEA. 2) Adore the craft station, what a luxury to have a designated spot. Cool.
Mai Tran says
What a lovely corner! You sure are creative, lady.
Barbara A Langley says
Very nice. I have used liquid nail before,it works.
Melissa S says
Your craft area looks great, I need to work on mine.