Your daily patterns and habits play a big role in who you are and the things you do. Some patterns are great. For instance, making your bed, washing you hands, showing gratitude to others, or having a self care routine. On the other hand, some patterns can prevent you from achieving your life’s purpose and unleashing your creative potential. Like, negative self talk, lying, or working long hours.
Today’s mindful craft project is all about patterns and it is very easy to do.
You will need a painting squares, paint, painter’s tape, and a picture frame.
The step by step directions and your mindfulness prompts are below. Have fun and enjoy!
Pattern Art Work
So this project is super easy and fool proof.
- Using one color at a time, paint random lines onto your surface using slow controlled stokes. Alternate between downward stokes and upwards stokes. Breathing naturally, inhale as you stoke up and exhale as you stoke down. Allow the paint to dry before moving to your next color.
- After the paint has dry for at least 24 hours, make your patterns using painter’s tape. As you lay down your pattern, think about any new patterns you would like to add into your life.
- Add paint in a contracting color. Then remove the tape.
- Allow the paint to dry and cure.
- Pop it into a frame and you’re done!